Monday, April 5, 2010

Leaving the Nest

As a young man, one of the hardest things I have ever had to do has come to be: I’m leaving my home of the last 25 years today, in my effort to travel to Seattle, WA, in order to accept a dream job at the venerated Microsoft Corporation.

Yesterday was one of the most emotionally racking experiences I’ve ever had – saying good-bye to my family. My mother was the first to cry, but everyone else followed soon thereafter; tears streamed down our faces for what seemed like an hour, while I gave everyone one last hug.

I have planned what is sure to be a grueling trip if it were just myself – thankfully, my friend Chris has packed his things over the last 4 days to make the move as-well, so I will at least have a copilot for it.

1 comment:

LeMadChef said...

So, you got the job I hope?